FabFilter Pro‑R Help
Using FabFilter Pro‑R
Purchasing FabFilter Pro‑R
About FabFilter Pro-R
As one of the most used effects in the audio world, reverbs come in all forms and flavors. From IR (impulse response) processors, to algorithmic models or emulations of vintage classics, you've probably tried them all. While IR reverbs may sound convincing, they are not very flexible and often so dense that it's difficult to make them fit in a mix. On the other hand, many algorithmic reverbs are not dense enough, sound artificial or offer so many technical options that they are simply too difficult to set up.
For us, a high-quality algorithmic reverb should sound natural and 'real', has enough density and still sits in the mix perfectly without causing undesirable coloration or phase problems. At the same time, it should not confuse you with over-technical controls and too many options, but must be easy to set up and a joy to work with. With FabFilter Pro-R, we have aimed to create just that.
- Beautifully designed room models, ranging from small ambiences and rooms to large concert halls and huge cathedrals.
- Carefully developed to easily fit in the mix, without causing undesirable coloration, density or phase problems.
- Gorgeous Retina interface with large interactive reverb display featuring Decay Rate EQ and Post EQ curves.
- Very easy to set up, with comprehensible, non-technical controls:
- Stepless Space control, which smartly and smoothly combines the room model and decay time of the reverb. You can choose from over a dozen carefully designed room models and seamlessly vary between them, without hearing clicks or unwanted artifacts.
- Decay Rate control, changing the overall decay time from 50% to 200% of the current Space setting.
- Intelligent Stereo Width control, ranging from pure mono to true stereo and beyond.
- Distance control to adjust the proximity to the sound source in the selected space.
- The Character control changes the sound from a clean, transparent decay, to a lively reverb with pronounced reflections and echoes, all the way to an over-modulated chorus-like effect.
- Perfectly tuned Brightness knob, affecting not only overall brightness, but also the decay of high frequencies.
- Mix knob with a Lock Mix option, which prevents preset loading from overriding the current mix setting.
- Predelay control via the bottom bar, ranging from 0 to 500 ms, with optional host tempo sync.
- Innovative 6-band Decay Rate EQ, with Low/High Shelf, Bell and Notch filters. Compared to the commonly used low- and high crossover system, the Decay Rate EQ opens a world of possibilities by giving you full control over the decay rate at different frequencies.
- 6-band Post EQ to equalize the final reverb sound, with Low/High Cut up to 96 dB/oct, Low/High Shelf and Bell filters. Together with the Decay Rate EQ, this lets you design reverbs of any style and character.
- Real-time spectrum analyzer that also visualizes the decay time at different frequencies.
- Full Screen mode, offering a large analyzer display and reverb Decay Rate EQ and Post EQ controller.
- Multiple interface sizes: Medium, Large and Extra Large.
- Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces.
FabFilter Pro-R is available in VST, VST3, AU (Audio Units), AAX Native and AudioSuite formats (all both 64-bit and 32-bit), as well as RTAS (32-bit only), for Mac OS X and Windows.
32-bit: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP
64-bit: Windows 10, 8, 7 or Vista (x64)
VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
Mac OS X requirements:
32-bit: OS X 10.6 or higher
64-bit: OS X 10.6 or higher
AU or VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
Next: Quick start
Using FabFilter Pro-R