FabFilter updates all plug-ins including Retina support, announces Holiday Sale
December 14, 2015
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands, December 14, 2015. FabFilter has updated all plug-ins, adding Retina and High DPI support together with bug fixes and improvements for all plug-in formats. The FabFilter Pro-L limiter plug-in now offers multiple interface sizes and a Full Screen mode.
In addition, FabFilter announces a Holiday Sale running until January 1, offering 25% discount on all plug-in bundles in the online FabFilter shop: www.fabfilter.com/shop. During this sale, customers who already own one or more FabFilter plug-ins can login to their account at www.fabfilter.com/myaccount and purchase additional plug-ins with 25% discount or more via their Personal Upgrade Offer.
Changes in the latest plug-in versions:
- Added Retina support on OS X and High DPI support on Windows (at 150% and 200% scaling) for all plug-ins.
- All Audio Unit plug-ins are now sandbox-safe, so they can be used in sandboxed DAWs.
- All plug-ins can now operate at any sample rate, without a maximum. This fixes possible issues when running the plug-ins in Pyramix at sample rates of 384 kHz and higher. Furthermore, there's no limit to the oversampled internal sample rate any more in Pro plug-ins.
- For all Pro plug-ins, improved Avid control surface page tables, now including support for the S6 range.
- Fixed an issue with keyboard handling in Pro Tools 12.2 or higher (e.g. Alt-clicking on a filter in Pro-Q 2 would cause the frequency to jump).
- Fixed possible crashes when using the plug-ins in Final Cut Pro X (with the Background Render option enabled).
- All dynamics plug-ins now report gain change to Pro Tools (and Avid control surfaces) and Studio One.
- In Pro Tools mini track view, Pro plug-ins will now show their distinctive letter (like Q, C, or L) instead of P.
- Further optimized RAM usage in most plug-ins.
- Fixed audible artifacts (sound shortly shifting to the left) when changing a plug-in (like Pro-Q 2) from Left/Right to Mid/Side processing mode.
- Small bug fixes and improvements.
- Pro-Q 2: Fixed possible audio drop-outs for specific Notch settings in Linear Phase mode or when using Auto Gain.
- All Pro plug-ins: Fixed an issue in the AAX plug-ins when using them as 'Default EQ' or 'Default Dynamics' in Pro Tools on a stereo track (creating a multi-mono version instead of stereo).
- Saturn: Added intelligent noise gating that attenuates/removes possible analog noise when the input is (nearly) silent.
- Pro-C 2: Fixed possible audible spikes when changing compression styles.
- Pro-C 2: When Auto Release is enabled, the release knob now shows its values in a percentage range instead of milliseconds.
- Pro-L: Added Full Screen mode, new Medium and Large interface sizes and custom resizing (VST3 only).
- Pro-L: Fixed a small bug where dragging the gain slider while toggling the Alt key would result in incorrect linked values for the Output Level.
- Pro-L: Improved readability of the output level and gain reduction read-outs above the meters.
- Pro-L: Reduced processing latency.
- Pro-L and Pro-G: Improved resolution of the real-time level display.
- Pro-G: Added circular side-chain input level meter around the Threshold knob.
- Pro-MB: Fixed a crash when automating the Audition Side Chain parameter.
- Pro-DS and Pro-MB: Fixed a small bug that caused the parameter value display to show 'Mid-only' even when the Stereo Link mode was set to 'Side-only'.
The updated plug-ins are fully compatible with previous versions, and free for existing FabFilter customers. The latest versions and 30-day trials are available for download now at www.fabfilter.com/download.
System requirements on Windows are either Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP and a VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools, or Mac OS X 10.6.8 or higher with Intel processor, and an Audio Units host, VST 2/3 host, or Pro Tools. Both 32-bit and 64-bit hosts are supported.