FabFilter releases FabFilter Pro-R reverb plug-in
November 15, 2016
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FabFilter is proud to announce availability of FabFilter Pro-R, a high-end algorithmic reverb plug-in with musical controls and a very natural sound. Its advanced algorithms have been carefully designed to blend well with the source and fit easily into a mix. FabFilter Pro-R is bursting with innovations like the intuitive Space control that seamlessly switches between dozens of room models with automatic decay time adjustment, and the industry-first Decay Rate EQ concept that introduces free adjustment of the decay time over the frequency spectrum. Together with the built-in Post EQ and an abundance of high-quality factory presets, FabFilter Pro-R delivers pristine sound quality and maximum ease of use.
A musical approach
FabFilter Pro-R takes a musical approach to reverb, offering user-friendly, non-technical controls like Brightness, Character, Distance, and Stereo Width to tweak the reverb sound. The stepless Space control lets the user fade between dozens of different, carefully-tuned room models, and automatically chooses a matching decay time for a natural-sounding result. Behind the scenes, each of these settings influences the internal algorithms in multiple ways to deliver exactly what was intended — without requiring a degree in reverb science.
Shape the decay time
The decay time of a real room often varies wildly over the frequency spectrum, which is one of the key ingredients of a room's reverb character. To simulate this, the industry-first Decay Rate EQ concept in FabFilter Pro-R offers completely free adjustment of the decay time over the frequency spectrum. Since it uses parametric EQ bands instead of a traditional crossover system, it provides much more flexibility to shape the decay time characteristics. Together with the integrated six-band Post EQ, designing reverbs of any character has never been easier.
- Beautifully designed room models, ranging from small ambiences and rooms to large concert halls and huge cathedrals.
- Carefully developed to easily sit in the mix, without causing undesirable coloration, density or phase problems.
- Gorgeous Retina interface with large interactive reverb display featuring Decay Rate EQ and Post EQ curves.
- Very easy to set up, with user-friendly, non-technical controls.
- Space control, which smartly and smoothly combines the room model and decay time of the reverb — choose from over a dozen carefully designed room models and seamlessly vary between them, without hearing clicks or unwanted artifacts.
- Decay Rate control, changing the overall decay time from 50% to 200% of the current Space setting.
- Intelligent Stereo Width control, ranging from pure mono to true stereo and beyond.
- Distance control to adjust the proximity to the sound source in the selected space.
- Character control that changes the sound from a clean, transparent decay, to a lively reverb with pronounced reflections and echoes — all the way to an over-modulated chorus-like effect.
- Perfectly tuned Brightness knob, affecting not only overall brightness, but also the decay of high frequencies.
- Predelay control via the bottom bar, ranging from 0 to 500 ms, with optional tempo sync.
- Innovative six-band Decay Rate EQ, with Low/High Shelf, Bell and Notch filters. (Compared to the commonly used low- and high crossover system, the Decay Rate EQ opens a world of possibilities by giving users full control over the decay rate at different frequencies.)
- Six-band Post EQ to equalize the final reverb sound with Low/High Cut up to 96 dB/oct, Low/High Shelf and Bell filters. (Together with the Decay Rate EQ, this lets users design reverbs of any style or character.)
- Real-time spectrum analyzer that also visualizes the decay time at different frequencies.
- Full Screen mode, offering a large analyzer display and Decay Rate EQ and Post EQ controller.
- Multiple interface sizes: Medium, Large and Extra Large.
- Retina support on OS X and High DPI support on Windows.
- GPU-powered graphics acceleration.
- Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces.
FabFilter Pro-R is now available for EUR 169, USD 199 or GBP 149, supporting both Windows and Mac OS X in VST and VST 3, Audio Units, AAX, RTAS and AudioSuite plug-in formats. Bundles with FabFilter Pro-R and other FabFilter plug-ins are also available at: www.fabfilter.com/shop
Existing FabFilter customers can purchase FabFilter Pro-R with very attractive discounts by logging in to their online user account at: www.fabfilter.com/myaccount
System requirements on Windows are either Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP and a VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools, or Mac OS X 10.6 or higher with Intel processor, and an Audio Units host, VST 2/3 host, or Pro Tools. Both 64-bit and 32-bit hosts are supported.