FabFilter updates all plug-ins, announces Holiday Sale
December 12, 2016
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands, December 12, 2016. FabFilter has updated all plug-ins, improving compatibility with macOS Sierra along with fixes for various other issues that have surfaced since the last update in February 2016. FabFilter recommends all customers to update to the latest plug-in versions.
In addition, FabFilter announces a Holiday Sale running until January 1, offering 25% discount on all plug-in bundles in the online FabFilter shop: www.fabfilter.com/shop. During this sale, customers who already own one or more FabFilter plug-ins can login to their account at www.fabfilter.com/myaccount and purchase additional plug-ins with 25% discount or more via their Personal Upgrade Offer.
Changes in the latest plug-in versions:
- Pro-R: Fixed a bug in the VST3 plug-in that caused long reverb tails to be cut off after 10 seconds after the input became silent.
- Pro-R: The Post EQ and Decay Rate EQ band selection state is now restored correctly when undoing and redoing changes.
- Saturn: Fixed a bug that caused Saturn to work incorrectly with HQ mode enabled at sample rates of 192 kHz and higher.
- Pro-G: The side-chain level meter around the Threshold knob now correctly shows the level after the side chain level parameters in the Expert section have been applied.
- Pro-Q 2, Pro-R: Improved mouse wheel behavior on Mac with a Magic Mouse to avoid unwanted mouse wheel changes after dragging a curve in the display (especially with high/low-cut curves where this could change the curve slope). On Windows, fixed a problem that made it hard to change the Q with the mouse wheel while dragging (e.g. in solo mode in Pro-Q 2).
- Twin 2, Volcano 2, Timeless 2, Saturn: Fixed a bug in the AAX and RTAS plug-ins with tempo/beat synchronization when using a signature other than 4/4.
- Linked control changes using the Alt key now also work when using the mouse wheel.
- Fixed a bug that caused text with multiple lines (such as the help hint label) to miss the last line of text on macOS Sierra (10.12).
- Improved mouse wheel behavior on Windows with stepped parameters, e.g. on drop-down buttons.
- Added a workaround for a bug in macOS Sierra (10.12) that prevented the help file from opening correctly. The help file is now displayed in a web browser rather than the Help Viewer.
- Fixed an issue in the AAX plug-ins that could cause loss of existing automation data when writing automation in Automation Preview mode, for example when creating or deleting bands in Pro-Q 2.
- Fixed a bug in the AAX plug-ins that caused parameter values that are very close to the default value to remain at the default value when loading a session.
- Updated Windows help file to display correctly on High DPI monitors.
- Fixed a bug in the VST3 plug-ins when restoring a session in FL Studio 12 using a custom display scaling factor such as 125%: the plugin window could end up at the wrong size.
- Pro-Q 2, Pro-R, Pro-MB: Fixed a possible crash when controlling Band State parameters via MIDI Learn.
- Pro-MB: Fixed a bug that caused a band's gain to be displayed incorrectly after ending a drag operation while the display range was being animated.
- Volcano 2: In Pro Tools, a mono-to-stereo version of the AAX and RTAS plug-ins is now available, in addition to the existing mono and stereo versions.
- Small bug fixes and improvements.
The updated plug-ins are fully compatible with previous versions, and free for existing FabFilter customers. The latest versions and 30-day trials are available for download now at www.fabfilter.com/download.
System requirements on Windows are either Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP and a VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools, or Mac OS X 10.6.8 or higher with Intel processor, and an Audio Units host, VST 2/3 host, or Pro Tools. Both 32-bit and 64-bit hosts are supported.