FabFilter User Forum

Splice (Rent to own)

Hi as a music maker i have used a range of Fab Filter products at many different studios over the years

I AM VERY IMPRESSED and would love to purchase the "Fab Filter Total Bundle" but as you are most likely aware these programs can be very expensive up front to low level musicians/engineers.

I have purchased a bunch of OZONE products lately through the "Splice (Rent to own)" function on their service which is great because i just pay a certain amount of money each month until its paid off and i can use them to straight away to get results in order to pay for more.

I am NOT looking for a discount of any sort and would happily pay full price but i just can not afford to have spend that much money at one time.

I would love to be able to pay off the Fab Filter total bundle with a "Rent to own type" function, if a solution like this happened i would pay immediately and i'm sure a lot of other people would as well.

Maybe partner with Splice?

These prices may suit studios and successful engineers with money,
I cannot help but feel there is a void to be filled between lower scale artists and hopefully this can help your business and future customers.

Please take this into consideration because i would LOVE to purchase FabFilter products in the future.

Thank you for your time.

:)

Andy Makin

Hi Andy,

Than you for your interest in our plug-ins. At the moment, I don't think we'll be offering a rent-t-own or payment plan option any time soon. We did consider offering this type of payment a while back, but decided to wait offering this until there's more demand for it.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to send us an e-mail!

Cheers,

Maarten

Maarten

I for one would definitely purchase fab filter via a rent to own subscription!

Dan

The demand is huge people are always wanting a discount code I’m so die hard fab filter I bought the iOS iPad version.Love your products but people are beating the door down for discount codes is very telling .BTW there is a nasty very very very good clone of your product Q2 and it’s 70 percent cheaper.Just a heads up

Prenta

I second that, it would be HUGE if Pro-Q, for example, was an option in a rent-to-own plan. I live in Brazil so the currency conversion makes it way too expensive for me to buy it right away, but I could afford if I could pay along some months. The comment section on Splice is full of comments asking for FabFilter plugins plans, so I don't really think demand would be an issue for y'all.
Best regards.

Júlio Soares

Hi Júlio,

I understand! We will implement a rent-to-own system at some point in time, but that will probably be integrated in our own website and not via Splice.

Floris (FabFilter)

Defintely would appreciate a rent to own plan. I think many people would go for it.

Tomás Boils

Seeing as how expensive Fabilfter plugins are I'm supeised they haven't implemented this yet...

KC

Would be lovely with a rent-to-own option

Jonas

Would LOVE rent to own. I'm from the Philippines where the Peso is on a steady decline so purchasing straight out hasn't been an option for a while. Would love if you did this.
Thanks!

Manuel D

Yes, i would also love that rent-to-own option for FabFilter.

Tiago João

I'm in to purchase with a rent to own business model.

The demand is real

marcelo mandaji

HI Fabfilter,

This needs to happen very soon! I love your plugins. Each plugin is very well thought out and very in depth.

Do a survey to see how many people would go for the rent to own option. You will surely find that there is a very high demand.

David

Dear Fabfilter!
I hope you will decide to put your plugins on "rent-to-own" as soon as possible. I'm extremely interested in this too! :)
Thanks!

Kristof

definitely would be amazing, i am a full time student and i can barely afford 1 plugin let alone the bundle that i want, even at educational discount prices. Rent to own would be amazing!!!

masau chongwe spittle

I would be purchasing the total bundle immediately if I were able to rent to own those products. The products themselves are amazing and make me not want to use any others for the simple fact, they dont feel as good or do what I want them to do, where as FabFilter products always work a charm!

Kye

i want rent to own

DAVID DANIEL MONTESI

Rent to own is a normal business model these days. Even waves is offering a rent to own on their 3500 mercury bundle...js

Robert Cardona

Literally the only plugins I want. PLEASE make them rent to own

Brandon Kato

I join the request. Please make a subscription model)!

Max Kurbatov

definitely +1 for rent to own subscription!

Fajar

+ 1 more for either rent to own or a subscription service (like Slate, for example).

Paul Davison

Came HERE for the Rent to Own option, couldn't find one YET. As Jimmy Cliff says; Give the people what they want!

craggydread

WE NEEED PRO Q3 For rent to own!!!!

Anton Cevik

+1 Rent to own

Keanu Copp

I absolutely agree, fab filter products have become one of the top must haves but I think they’re behind the curve with their payment options. The likes of plugin alliance, izotope, slate and Avid with their rental system have much better options. I’d definitely use a rent to buy or subscription option for full price. However if they don’t offer it I’ll just keep using competition plugins until they slash the price with a weekend offer or something

Luke

Come on Fabfilter please do a rent to buy. There is more demand than you even realise!

Chris Wood

need rent to own!

Gabe

I understand! We will implement a rent-to-own system at some point in time, but that will probably be integrated in our own website and not via Splice.

Floris (FabFilter) — Oct 4, 2018

They've already said they're planning on rolling out an R2O system, chill guys :) In the meantime just get a credit card (if you can) and make use of 25% off bundle pricing at the usual times. Even allowing for 18% interest (pretty standard in the UK at least), FF bundles are still better value than PA for example. For £29/month you can get 12 plugins, not 10 and you only have to pay for 23 months, not 29. Plus on credit you can pause at anytime, unlike the PA deal, where you're locked in for the full term (or you cancel with nothing to show for it).

PieBerger

A rent-to-own scheme for FabFilter plugins would be incredible, and I am sure there are many like myself who wouldn't hesitate to purchase your products. I think demand would be very high and would ultimately increase the number of purchases.

Paul

+1 rent to own
A wise company is the one who listen its clients :)

UB

Rent to own would be great!!!

Peter

+1,000,000

Splice is the only reason I am a happy owner of Serum! : )

VSTJuNkiE

You guys are missing out on a ton of profit if you don’t plan on offering fab filter pro q 3 / bundle. Please!

Pj

I, too, would gladly purchase your products through a rent to own program if implemented.

Marcus

I like fabfilter plugins a lot, and would love to pay for rent to be able to use more of them!

Roman

Fabfilter, please provide rent to own ASAP... like tomorrow! Wherever it is, just do it!

Remi

à about 900€ the bundle, they don't care if you can/want to pay it at once, or "in modules".

The product is designed for a professional sound, if you "cannot pay it, you're not professional" (sadly oppinion).

IGT

Please maje them rent to own!

Antonio

Rent to Own.

Jack

Another one here for rent-to-own. I'd 100% rent a number of fabfilter plugins (ProR, ProL2, ProMB, ProQ3) if I knew I was going to own them at the end of the payment period. The 30 day trial is awesome but runs out quickly. It'd be great to be able to continue to use them whilst paying them off.

Ricky Evans

Rent to own please!!!!!! Many are waiting for that opportunity.

Marvin Ngema

Although I now own almost all the FabFilter plugins I would have loved to have a rent to own option.

Notheorem729

This needs to happen. :D

I'm in the same spot as so many others.

I currently rent. Pigments and Studio one 4 from Splice.

Wouldn't hesitate to rent-to-own your awesome products.

so PLEASE make it happen.

Like others have stated. The demans IS real. I really think you are loosing customers to other software just because of the huge amount you have to pay up front.

Love from Sweden!

Erik Lundin

Absolutely need a rent to own!!!

Ron

yes please

hilbrand

Please partner with Splice to create a rent to own option for Fab Filter package! I'm a broke Bishhhh but have wanted to own these plugins for quite some time! the only way I managed to afford Ozones package was with splice rent to own.

Ehren Wolf

I also agree that you are loosing a huge amount of customers to other plugin sites that offer rent to own options such as Waves which I also only have been able to afford because of thier rent to own options

Ehren Wolf

I am renting izotope, serum from Splice. PLEASE make Fabfilter plugins rent to own either on splice or on your platform. I would not hesitate to sign in if it is available now. Listen to your customers please.

Rishx

I´m also looking for option rent, otherwise I cannot afford it as beginner

Vlastimil

Another +1 here for FabFilter rent-to-own options. It would be awesome if it was available sometime this year!

Wes

I would happily do a rent to own as well. Or if it was even like what Slate do. I have the Slate bundle from Gobbler,Eventide, Roland Cloud, Serum, d16 bundle, Izotope Ozone 8 Advanced, Presonus Studio One, Sylenth and a few others and i'm always looking for new stuff, especially the Sonnox but they only do it for education at the moment but I have my fingers crossed. I think there would be a huge demand for this and I would jump on it straight away! I'm pretty sure thousands of people would sign up to this on the first day! Plugins are expensive and I believe this is the best way for most people like myself and a good way to combat piracy. I'd jump on right away if this option became available on your platform!

Fingers crossed!

kurtis mcloughlin

I’m so happy I started this post, I had no idea so many people were in the same boat.

Sadly 5 or so months later no action has been taken by FabFilter

Andy Makin

+1 for rent to own!

Clark

If there were a rent to own option I'd start it right now.

Kurt

Rent to own please!

Nat Ryles

Yeah, I would also like rent-to-own, isotope is doing it already, so it would be nice to know if you're planning to implement rent to own neatly seeing how big the demand is or if I should rather buy the izotope plugins on splice rather than yours ;)

Dave

Yes!!!! PLEASE RENT TO OWN OPTION!!!!!!

Scott Slonski

Had to jump in here also. Would rent to own on Splice as well.

rob

Had to jump in here also. Would rent to own on Splice as well.

rob

Yes really interested in a rent to own plan for Fabfilter products.

Nicholas Starkey

I´ve been waiting for you guys to do Rent to own or subscription based versions .

I`ll buy it all.

Christian

Christian

I’ve just been looking at rent to own plugins it would be great to get these on a payment plan.
Come on fab filter. Please

Fred Murray

i would subscribe in a heart beat.

Iain Roberton

Hi Fab Filter, its been almost a year since this thread first started and every month consistently potential customers have come on here voicing their support for Rent To Own.

Really hope you provide this service soon!!

David C

I would love it if you guys did rent to own and would jump on board immediately! Make it happen!

Matt R

Rent to own please!

I've been waiting for Pro Q to go into the rent to own section of splice for a while now. I'm currently paying for two top tier VST's, which I wouldn't have been able to afford without spreading the cost. The FabFilter plugs would be a great addition....Do it for the love, and we'll pay the money.

phil m

Ive used the trial of the fabfilter plugins, after seeing it in so many productions. i realy love this products, but they are to expensive for me to purchase in one payment. I would love it if there would be a rent variation.

Laurens

I am ready with my card in hand at the prospect of rent to own or a subscription service. Think about how much you could empower new producers who don't have the money for these great plugins. This would also reduce the amount of illegal downloading and use of your products.

Scenario:

Cant' make quality music without professional tools > can't make money from bad quality music > have no money to buy professional tools > Cant' make quality music without professional tools.

Mark

Yeah, option to rent to own FF plugins would be really amazing !

Sarada

I really want FabFilter plugs, please make this happen!

Leonardo

Yeah, your plugins are the best, but also too expensive. Having a rent to own system will open your products up to more people and ultimately more money for your company.

Patiently waiting on Splice Rent to Own Fabfilter product line.

Jason

One more vote for rent to own!

Rylan

I for one just discovered the plugins this year. Everytime I google searched the best "blank" a fabfilter plugin popped up. I love them now, but they are to expensive for me to purchase outright. So here's another vote for rent to own.

TechTaylor

Don't know who is making these decisions, but it's idiotic to not ALREADY have a rent-to-own option available. You're just missing out on money as a company and encouraging piracy from people who need your products but can't afford them outright.

mars

That’s weird. I can’t afford a Ferrari, yet its price doesn’t encourage me to steal it. Get a grip.

Of course, there are sound arguments to be made about rent to own, not dismissing those fwiw

Bram

I'm ready to do Rent to Own.

Marvin Ngema
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list