FabFilter User Forum

Pro Q 3- Instance names in Spectrum Analyzer not showing in Live

I just got Pro Q3 today for Ableton Live on Mac, and in the Spectrum Analyzer, I am not shown my track names (ie Bass, Snare, Kick etc), only Pro-Q (1), ProQ (2), Pro-Q (3) etc.

This makes it very hard for me to work out which tracks these are referring to, as I need to manually check which is Track 1, 2, 3 etc each time, and detracts from the workflow.

Am I doing something wrong here?

pramster

Thanks for reporting this! It’s a known issue and we’ll try to see if it can be fixed; we’re not yet sure whether it’s a problem on Ableton Live’s side or our side... we’ll investigate!

Floris (FabFilter)

Also, apparently the AU version does work with the tracknames, so I’ve heard. You might want to try that :)

Bram

Thanks Bram. You're right, Audio Units are working fine for this!

pramster

Is there a resolution for windows users? This functionality was the main reason I purchased Pro Q 3. None of the Ableton track names fill in so it just says Pro Q (1), (Pro Q (2) etc.

Alex

We're working with Ableton on a solution for this problem.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

I noticed the same issue in Reaper. Is there something I could try on my own to make Pro Q3 naming adapt to the track's names within Reaper automatically, or is there no other way than naming the Q3 instances manually right now?
Other than that Q3 works perfectly for me. :)

Cheers and thanks,

Philipp
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list