FabFilter User Forum

PRO Q3 NOT PROCESSING CORRECTLY IN CUBASE

Because everyone raves online about the Fabfilter EQ being the BEST eq plugin, I finally pulled the trigger on it last week when it was on sale. So I'm hoping someone might be able to help out. When I insert the Pro Q3 on a stereo track it works as it should. But when I place it on a mono track such as a vocal etc. it only partly/weakly processes the track. I have many other EQs that I use with Cubase and they've all been just plug and play with zero problems. Maybe this is as simple as a need to set things up differently in Cubase than normal, or maybe it's a glitch with Fabfilter. I really want it to work correctly, so any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Lorne Entress

This is a bug in Cubase: VST2 plug-ins don't work correctly on mono tracks. A simple solution is to use the VST3 plug-in instead. You can find this in the EQ section of the inserts menu, marked with the /// VST3 icon.

Cheers,

Frederik Slijkerman

I went back to the FF download page and downloaded the full bundle instead of just the PRO Q3 and now it seems to work fine. Of course I have 150MB on my hard drive now of plugins I don't own, but so be it.

Lorne Entress

Tip: when installing the Total Bundle, you can choose which plug-ins you want to install. On Mac, you need to click the Customize button for this; on Windows the selection of plug-ins will always be shown.

Cheers,

Frederik Slijkerman

Any plans from fabfilter to fix the VST2 mono bug in cubase?

Joel

We can't fix a bug that is in Cubase... If you want it fixed, please get in touch with Steinberg.

Cheers,

Frederik Slijkerman
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list