FabFilter User Forum

Pro-Q3 crashes Cubase 10.0.50 (latest release before their 10.5))

Hello,

Ive been using Pro-Q3 without issues in Reaper for the last few months.

First time I try to insert it in Cubase pro 10.0.50, the project will freeze everytime and need force quit with ctrl alt delete.

Ive reported to Cubase and many more users have problems with Fabfilters in Cubase 10 ish versions. All related to project crashes.

Please check on your side if ever it might be in the code.

Thanks

Alexandre Desroches

Hi Alexandre,

We've got a lot of support cases the last week concerning Cubase 10.5 and Pro-Q 3 crashes. We're investigating!

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)

Ralph to add to this, I also see the crash not only using Pro Q 3 but when trying to open any 2nd fab filter plugin in the project

Andres Corrales S.

Hi, where is the update to fix this problem? Pro-q is crashing Cubase 10.5 still.

Where is the fix?

Ok, thanks for checking this out Ralph

Alexandre Desroches

We've looked into this, and it seems to be a problem with Cubase 10.5, and not at all specific to FabFilter plug-ins but also happening with other third party plug-ins.

Actually, it turns out that Cubase 10.5 is -not- supported on macOS 10.13, but only on 10.14 (Mojave) and 10.15 (Catalina). See new.steinberg.net/cubase/compare-editions for specifications.

Cheers,

Floris (FabFilter)

lol I'm not surprised it's Cubase <3
Thats why I'm using Reaper more now a days.

Thanks for your verification

Alexandre Desroches

Still no solution?

Krinzo

Seriously, you guys. I own most of your plugins and i'm unable to use any of them since upgrading to cubase 10.5.

I know I'm not the only oneI'm not the only one. Why isn't anything being done about this?

I spent so much money on your (wonderful) plugins and literally can't use them anymore.

David

"Seriously, you guys. I own most of your plugins and i'm unable to use any of them since upgrading to cubase 10.5."

FF wrote:

"We've looked into this, and it seems to be a problem with Cubase 10.5, and not at all specific to FabFilter plug-ins but also happening with other third party plug-ins."

How many of you with problems have contacted the Steinberg support?

Mirko

Hello Ralf, Hello Floris,

Any New about your "investigating" of Cubase 10.5 and Pro-Q 3 crashes?

The first discussion: Nov 25, 2019

Thank You
Eric

eric

Quite recently, I have had a few Cubase crashes related to "OpenGL".

Perhaps video drivers could be an issue. I use an Nvidia RTX 2060 in my DAW.

I rolled back to the Studio-ready driver as I had updated to the Game-ready driver by mistake. It seemed to resolve my issues with both FabFilter and other plugins causing a Cubase to crash.

I also tested both versions of Cubase (10.0.50 and 10.5) and the crashes happened on both versions. Now they work perfectly.

Hope this helps.

Jim
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list