FabFilter User Forum

FF Channel Strip

Hi there,

please consider making a FF Channel Strip based on the Q3 with a compressor. I'd love to abandon AVID Channel Strip but being able to see and tweak EQ and Compression in one window is something I miss when I use Q3.

Many thanks!

Hans

Been asking for a decade now. We need a modern channel strip! There are too many hardware emulations out there.

KC

What is the advantage of a channel strip over putting all of the needed plugins in insert points?

Yroth

"What is the advantage of a channel strip over putting all of the needed plugins in insert points?"

-I'm not sure but I think you could save some cpu power and/or have less latency because up- and down rendering the signals on the in- and outputs of the single plugins won't be necessary.
Correct me if I'm wrong

Flo

It's mostly for ergonomics and quickness of having everything on a single page - EQ/Compression/Gate/Saturation. Why use 4+ plugins when you can get it done with one. And with a full page mode that would be awesome!

KC

Yes, it makes sense to me, an option to load separate plugins and all in one channel strip if needed.

Roman

It would be absolutely amazing to see a Fabfilter channel strip! Something modern and not trying to emulate anything classic. Just the 'best' of the current EQ, comp, gate and saturation in one plugin. Different (expandable/collapsing) panes that you can enable and disable as needed. I would buy it instantly!

sl1200mk2
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list