FabFilter User Forum

Pro q3 crashes ableton

Hi dear support team,
when Im loading pro q3 on my ableton 11 suite it´s often freezing and when i leave it as it is nothing happens besides the frozen pro q3. but when i try to close the vst window the whole daw crashes.
I dont know how to solve. I already reinstalled everything.

n3

What OS are you using? Please note that the latest versions of our plug-ins are supported on macOS 10.12 and higher. Lower versions can cause crashes or graphics issues.

Ralph Verdult (FabFilter)

Frustratingly, I'm having exactly the same issue. As it stands, I cannot use Pro-Q3 AT ALL. It's own UI freezes, and drags Ableton 11 down with it...

I have no idea how to even begin to remedy the situation.

I've attempted clean re-installation of both Ableton and Pro-Q3 and even on a new empty live set with just a single audio track, a single instance of Pro-Q3 locks up Live and requires it be force-closed.

It is repeatable 100% of the time.

Can anyone provide clues on where to start?

I've already provided comprehensive system information and Ableton crash logs to both Ableton and FabFilter, but have not even received an acknowledgement let alone any advice on how to fix or work around...

Phil Couling

I got the latest Version of Windows 10 Home 64bit and running the latest Version of ableton 11.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x 4.20 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Memorie: 2x NVMe Samsung SSD 970 SCS

Nils Barthelmes

Has anyone had any issue? I cant even use anything from the complete bundle with out ableton 11 crashing on me. Also, Ralph, that link for the beta testing doesnt work as well.

Jacob Patterson

Same! FabFilter Pro Q 3 stops Ableton Live from opening sessions / crashes Ableton Live 11, when opening the session. Very frustrating!
Newest Ableton Version on M1 MacBook Pro.

Johannes

Imac, Mojave 10.14.6
Ableton 11.1.6
Fabfilter 3.21

The EQ has become unusable. Just a normal filtersweep makes the pro Q3 hang, taking Ableton down with it and gets my computer to hang completely..

Help.

Skov Bowden
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list