FabFilter has updated the FabFilter Volcano 2 filter effect plug-in to version 2.10, integrating the new modulation interface design from Twin 2 and Timeless 2, together with a new "wide" user interface layout. The improved interface makes using FabFilter Volcano 2 more pleasurable than ever, while the advanced filter technology inside still ensures unrivalled sound quality and crazy sonic possibilities. Of course, the update is free for existing Volcano 2 users.
Here is a full list of the changes in FabFilter Volcano 2.10:
- Added the new modulation system from Twin 2 and Timeless 2, making it easier to set up and visualize modulation connections.
- Added a new optional "wide" interface layout to provide more space for the modulation sources at the bottom of the interface.
- Added new XY sources that enable you to easily tweak other parameters in combination.
- Added new Phase Offset and Snap parameters to the XLFOs.
- Added new Delay and Hold parameters to the EG sources, and added a visual controller to make them easier to use.
- Added a new Response Curve parameter to the MIDI modulation sources.
- The plug-in is now Unicode-aware and correctly handles international characters on both Windows and Mac OS X, for example in preset folders and file names.
- Improved mouse wheel scrolling and editing behavior.
- Improved input/output/mix buttons in the bottom bar: now rounding correctly and supporting double-click text entry.
- Fixed incorrect redrawing in the plug-in interface that could occur in some cases in Pro Tools on Mac, for example when selecting <factory default> from the Pro Tools-provided presets menu in the plug-in header.
- Fixed bug that caused the help file to open only in the first instance of the plug-in.
The FabFilter Volcano 2.10 update is fully compatible with previous Volcano 2 versions and available for download now at www.fabfilter.com/download.