We have just updated all FabFilter plug-ins, adding 64-bit AAX support for Pro Tools 11 together with small bug fixes and improvements that benefit all plug-in formats.
What's new in this update?
- All plug-ins are now available as 64-bit AAX plug-ins for Pro Tools 11. The 32-bit AAX plug-ins have also been updated to the latest AAX v2 format and requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or later. RTAS plug-ins for earlier versions of Pro Tools are of course also included.
- Changing parameters via the mouse wheel will now correctly record automation and generate proper undo states. In addition, you can now also control switches with the mouse wheel.
- In the presets menu, changed the Options > View Program/Bank Numbers command to Enable MIDI Program Changes, which now actually enables/disables MIDI program changes as well as showing the program/band number for presets. This ensures that the plug-in only responds to MIDI program changes when this is desired.
- Fixed a bug in FabFilter Pro-Q that could cause mouse wheel changes for multiple selected bands to affect one band only.
- Fixed a bug in the VST3 plug-ins with a side chain that caused side-chain audition not to work if the main input was silent.
- In FabFilter Twin 2, changed displayed delay sync parameter values in the interface to correctly describe the sync duration.
- Fixed a crash in FabFilter Timeless 2 that could occur when clicking the Dry Enabled button or Dry Knob after having resized the interface.
- Fixed a crash in FabFilter Twin 2 that could occur when dragging a modulation source over the Main EG component button.
- In FabFilter Saturn, fixed a bug in the display that could cause the level sliders to be at the wrong position after opening a saved project in Wavelab 7.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent sample-accurate processing of recorded MIDI control change messages.
- Fixed a bug on OS X that could cause help hints to pop up even if the mouse cursor was outside the plug-in interface.
- Fixed a bug on Windows that could cause a system sound to be played when pressing Enter after typing a parameter value directly.
- Various small bug fixes and improvements.
The updated plug-ins are fully compatible with previous versions, and free for existing FabFilter customers. The latest versions and 30-day trials are available for download now at www.fabfilter.com/download.
System requirements on Windows are either Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP and a VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools, or Mac OS X 10.5 or higher with Intel processor, and an Audio Units host, VST 2/3 host, or Pro Tools. Both 32-bit and 64-bit hosts are supported.