We have just released an update for all FabFilter plug-ins, containing various bug fixes and improvements. This update is free for existing customers and we recommend everyone to update to the latest plug-in versions. So what's new in this update?
- Added optional external side chain triggering to EQ bands. To use this, first click on the Auto Threshold button above the dynamic range ring to enable custom threshold mode. Next to the threshold slider, click the new External Side Chain button to enable or disable triggering on the external side chain input.
- Made the Processing Mode and Processing Resolution parameters non-automatable, to prevent automation from changing the latency during playback. In addition, all interface-only parameters such as the analyzer settings are now also non-automatable.
- Fixed bugs that could cause ringing sounds or sweeping filter effects when using higher order dynamic filtering.
- It is now possible to solo disabled bands again, like in Pro-Q 2.
- Fixed a bug that prevented copying and pasting automation from marking all parameters as changed in the preview buffer in Pro Tools, making it impossible to overwrite existing automation.
- Fixed a bug that caused the gain of a band to jump to zero when using the mouse wheel to adjust the Q in solo mode with the Gain-Q Interaction option enabled.
- Fixed a bug that caused the interface to become all white after double-clicking to edit a text value in the Audio Units plug-in in Ableton Live 10 on macOS 10.13.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Audio Units plug-in to freeze for a while in Ableton Live when adding new bands.
- Fixed a bug in the EQ display that made it impossible to enter permanent spectrum grab mode when already in spectrum grab mode.
- Fixed a crash when entering EQ Match mode when there is no "stereo" yellow result curve in the EQ display (for example, if there are only Mid bands).
- Updated plug-in for full compatibility with Mac hosts built specifically for macOS 10.14 (Mojave), such as Logic Pro 10.4.4, running under macOS 10.14.0 or 10.14.1. Previously this could lead to an all-black plugin interface.
- Improved the way settings are saved when multiple plug-in instances are open to make sure the last setting that was chosen is saved correctly for new instances.
- Added support for 300% scaling on 8K displays (High DPI) on Windows.
- Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect scaling of the plug-in interface in Cubase 10 or Live 10 on High DPI displays in combination with certain graphics drivers on Windows.
- Added a Refresh item to the Options submenu of the presets menu: this makes it possible to manually refresh the menu (and any V1/V2 Preset Folder submenus if available).
- Fixed a bug on Mac that could cause program changes received by one plug-in to be forwarded to other FabFilter plug-in instances.
- Pro-C 2, Pro-G: Added visualization of the plug-in input and output levels on Pro Tools control surfaces.
- Pro-C 2, Pro-G: Fixed a bug that could cause the plug-in to stay in a triggered state if Enable MIDI is turned off while the plug-in is currently triggering on a MIDI note.
- Pro-DS, Pro-L 2, Pro-MB: Added visualization of the plug-in output level on Pro Tools control surfaces.
- Pro-L 2: Improved the Pro Tools page table mapping for control surfaces.
- Pro-MB: Fixed a bug that could cause the plugin state to become corrupt, with the plugin output becoming silent in some very rare combinations of settings and audio input.
- Volcano 2: Fixed a bug that caused entering frequency values by note name (e.g. "A4") to always result in the maximum frequency value, and potentially cause a crash as well.
- Various minor bug fixes and improvements.
The updated plug-ins are fully compatible with previous versions. The latest versions and 30-day trials are available for download now at www.fabfilter.com/download.
System requirements on Windows are either Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP and a VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools, or Mac OS X 10.8 or higher with Intel processor, and an Audio Units host, VST 2/3 host, or Pro Tools. Both 64-bit and 32-bit hosts are supported.