All FabFilter plug-ins have been updated with bug fixes and improvements, including immersive audio support in Pro-Q 3 and Pro-L 2. This update is free for existing customers and we recommend everyone to update to the latest plug-in versions. So what's new?
Pro-Q 3, Pro-L 2:
- Extended support for immersive/3D audio channel layouts, now up to Dolby Atmos 9.1.6. Note: AAX only support layouts up to Dolby Atmos 7.1.2.
- In the surround version of the plug-in, it is now possible to let a curve affect all three front speakers (L/C/R).
- The interface will now clearly show that it's in band solo mode when loading a session which was accidentally saved with Band Solo enabled, or when toggling solo via a Pro Tools control surface.
- The interface now restores the previous zoom level when closing and reopening.
- The interface now remembers the previous manual threshold value for each band when you switch between auto and manual mode.
- Added Use Accessible Colors item to the Help menu, toggling to a brighter color for spectrum collisions.
- Improved rotational drag mode for knobs to avoid unexpected sudden changes.
- For newly installed plug-ins on Mac, factory presets will now be saved in the user's Documents folder, in FabFilter/Presets.
- Fixed issues with text input for controls when running in Pro Tools, on macOS Big Sur and Monterey.
- Improved Full Screen mode on Mac when using multiple monitors: the menu bar and the dock will now remain visible on other monitors. Fixed an issue with Timeless 3 and Volcano 3 where dialogs (e.g. Save As for presets) would not show up in Full Screen mode. The camera area on a 16" MacBook Pro will not overlap the full-screen area anymore.
- Fixed a bug that caused keyboard shortcuts (e.g. the space bar) not to work in Reaper on Windows after using the mouse wheel and not moving the mouse.
- The Windows installers now remember the VST2 folder location that was last used.
- Pro-L 2: Fixed a small issue with higher oversampling rates (8x and more) where in some very specific cases, True Peak limiting could introduce a bit more distortion than needed.
- Timeless 3: Fixed an issue which could cause a crash when running at very high sample rates, which also caused VST3 validation in Digital Performer to fail.
- Volcano 3: Fixed a possible crash when modulating curves routed in parallel.
- Small bug fixes and improvements.
The updated plug-ins are fully compatible with previous versions. The latest versions and 30-day trials are available for download now at www.fabfilter.com/download.
System requirements are either Windows 10, 8, 7, or Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) and a VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools, or macOS 10.12 or higher (64-bit only) with Intel or Apple Silicon processor, and an Audio Units host, VST 2/3 host, or Pro Tools.
To make self-quarantine just a little bit easier during the COVID-19 pandemic, we offer free 30-day evaluation extensions for all our plug-ins.