February 4, 2009
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands, February 4, 2009. FabFilter has released FabFilter Twin 2, the successor of the Twin synthesizer plug-in. More oscillators, ring modulation, a new delay effects section and virtually unlimited modulation possibilities make FabFilter Twin 2 much more powerful. At the same time, the new "what-you-use-is-what-you-see" interface with an intuitive routing display makes it also far easier to use. And with more than 1600 factory presets, you can get started right away.
The FabFilter Twin 2 synthesizer plug-in focuses on three areas: uncompromised sound quality, creative and virtually unlimited modulation, and an adaptive, easy-to-use interface. The oscillators and filters, the most important building blocks of every subtractive synthesizer, are rock-solid, smooth and powerful and give Twin 2 its distinctive analog character. Complementing this is a comprehensive modulation system that lets you easily modulate almost any setting by a practically unlimited number of modulation sources, from XY controllers and programmable step sequencers to any type of MIDI data.
To harness all this power, FabFilter Twin 2's innovative user interface only shows the components that are actually in use. A clean and uncluttered routing diagram gives immediate control over the main synthesizer settings, while full access to all parameters is only a mouse click away. At any time, you can add new modulation sources or remove unused ones. Almost any parameter is a modulation target: simply use drag-and-drop to create modulation connections, which are conveniently grouped with the modulation source. The interface always shows which parameters are modulated and you can instantly view all related modulation sources and slots. With Twin 2's modulation system, it is easier than ever to add modulation or to find out how a factory preset works.
* Three oscillators with sawtooth, square, triangle, sine, and pink/white noise wave forms, ring modulation, hard sync, pulse width, phase sync, stereo panning and polyphonic portamento
* Two independent multimode filters with 11 different filter characteristics
* On-board delay effects section with two delay units and two extra multimode filters in the feedback loop
* Clean and uncluttered interface that only displays the components that are actually in use
* Drag-and-drop modulation system that lets you modulate almost any setting with the following modulation sources:
* Up to 4 XY controllers
* Up to 6 XLFOs offering everything from classic LFO shapes to 16-step programmable step sequencers, per-step glide with adjustable glide curve, "snap" option that locks steps to musical notes to create arpeggio-like sequences, modulatable phase offset, and much more
* Up to 6 envelope generators with graphic controllers and optional side chain input
* Up to 4 envelope followers, triggering on side chain input
* Up to 10 MIDI sources that let you use any type of MIDI data as a modulation source
* More than 1600 professionally designed and categorized factory presets
* The usual FabFilter goodies: perfectly fine-tuned knobs and controllers, section presets, interactive MIDI Learn, undo/redo and A/B switch, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, an extensive help file with interactive help hints, sample accurate automation, AltiVec and SSE optimization and much more
FabFilter Twin 2 is now available for EUR 129, USD 169 or GBP 114. It can be used on Windows and Mac OS X in VST and VST 3, RTAS and Audio Units plug-in formats. Bundles with FabFilter Twin 2 and other FabFilter plug-ins are also available. See www.fabfilter.com/shop.
Existing FabFilter customers can purchase Twin 2 with great discounts by logging in to their online user account: www.fabfilter.com/myaccount.
System requirements for FabFilter Twin 2 are either Windows Vista, XP, 2000, 98, Me, or 2003, SSE-capable processor, and a VST 2 or VST 3 host or Pro Tools, or Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) or higher, Intel or G4/G5 processor, and an Audio Units host, VST 2 or VST 3 host, or Pro Tools.