May 25, 2009
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands, May 25, 2009. FabFilter has released FabFilter Timeless 2, the successor to the original Timeless delay plug-in. New features such as mid/side processing together with virtually unlimited modulation possibilities ensure that Timeless 2 will warp and mangle your sounds more enthusiastically than ever. At the same time, the streamlined "what-you-use-is-what-you-see" interface makes it even more of a pleasure to use for everyday delay tasks. More than 300 new and improved factory presets will get you started right away.
At the heart of FabFilter Timeless 2 are two perfectly modeled delay lines and two high-quality multi-mode filters. This solid foundation is surrounded by comprehensive feedback options together with many other creative features such as phase inversion, freeze, and mid/side processing. Finally, the powerful modulation system makes it easy to modulate almost any setting by a practically unlimited number of modulation sources, from XY controllers and programmable step sequencers to any type of MIDI data. Timeless 2 can do anything from basic stereo delays to incredible sound-mangling effects, scratching, chorus, echo, flanger, phasing and much more!
The improved interface makes FabFilter Timeless 2 very easy and friendly to use. All delay parameters and the main filter settings are displayed in a clean and uncluttered way, showing you instantly what's going on. At any time, you can add new modulation sources or remove unused ones. Almost any parameter is a modulation target: simply use drag-and-drop to create modulation connections, which are conveniently grouped with the modulation source. The interface always shows which parameters are modulated and you can instantly view all related modulation sources and slots. With Timeless 2's modulation system, it is easier than ever to add modulation or to find out how a factory preset works.
* Two independent delay lines with tap feature and host tempo synchronization with fully adjustable offset
* Classic perfectly modeled tape delay mode that changes the pitch when the delay time changes
* Unique time-stretch mode that speeds up or slows down the sound, keeping the pitch constant when the delay time changes
* Individual delay line panning
* Freeze button to keep repeating the current delay line buffer
* Two independent multi-mode filters with 11 different filter characteristics, based on FabFilter's unique digital filter technology
* Unique mid/side processing mode that lets you delay the mid and side signals independently for great stereo effects
* Clean and uncluttered interface that only displays the components that are actually in use
* Drag-and-drop modulation system that lets you modulate almost any setting with the following modulation sources:
* Up to 4 XY controllers
* Up to 6 XLFOs offering everything from classic LFO shapes to 16-step programmable step sequencers, per-step glide with adjustable glide curve, "snap" option that locks steps to musical notes to create arpeggio-like sequences, modulatable phase offset, and much more
* Up to 6 envelope generators with graphic controllers, triggering on MIDI, the main input, or the side chain input
* Up to 4 envelope followers, triggering on main input or the side chain input
* Up to 10 MIDI sources that let you use any type of MIDI data as a modulation source
* More than 300 new and improved factory presets
* The usual FabFilter goodies: perfectly fine-tuned knobs and controllers, section presets, interactive MIDI Learn, undo/redo and A/B switch, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, an extensive help file with interactive help hints, sample accurate automation, AltiVec and SSE optimization and much more
FabFilter Timeless 2 is now available for EUR 99, USD 129 or GBP 89. It can be used on Windows and Mac OS X in VST and VST 3, RTAS and Audio Units plug-in formats. Bundles with FabFilter Timeless 2 and other FabFilter plug-ins are also available. See www.fabfilter.com/shop.
Existing FabFilter customers can purchase Timeless 2 with great discounts by logging in to their online user account: www.fabfilter.com/myaccount.
System requirements for FabFilter Timeless 2 are either Windows Vista, XP, 2000, 98, Me, or 2003, SSE-capable processor, and a VST 2 or VST 3 host or Pro Tools, or Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) or higher, Intel or G4/G5 processor, and an Audio Units host, VST 2 or VST 3 host, or Pro Tools.